120 Conversation Starters for Future/Current Spouses
1. If you could have any exotic pet, what would it be? (Tame and non-shedding)
2. If you could never have to do one household chore again, what would it be?
3. How long would you last in a zombie apocalypse?
4. If you built a themed hotel, what would that hotel look like?
5. What is a funny dad joke?
6. What would your superhero name be?
7. What is the most wild story you’ve heard?
8. What is the craziest fact you’ve heard?
9. What did you want to be growing up?
10. What do you enjoy doing with me?
11. What is your favorite way to show affection?
12. What is your favorite type of romantic gesture?
13. What is your love language? If you don’t know, take the online test!
14. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
15. How much alone time do we both need?
16. What is one way I can let you know I cherish you during the coming week?
17. What are some ways that I can more effectively show that I love you?
18. What is your enneagram? If you don’t know, take the online test!
19. How do you see my enneagram in the way that I live?
20. How can we love more like Jesus?
21. What are five important personal values that you have?
22. What is a Bible verse that is significant in your life?
23. How would you define grace?
24. How can we give grace to each other and those around us?
25. How can we put God first in our relationship?
26. Talk about how you can keep each other accountable and challenge each other.
27. In what ways do you feel blessed in our marriage?
28. What is one thing God has been teaching you lately?
29. What is a particular church sermon that has been especially meaningful to you?
30. How can I pray for you this week?
LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOU
31. How do we want to keep up relationships with our friends? (Bible study, game nights, go out to eat, etc)
32. What is a hobby you want to start doing more?
33. Tell your dream vacation down to the smallest detail!
34. What is a good movie you love?
35. What are three things that make you laugh?
36. What is your favorite birthday activity as an adult?
37. What is one candy that you never get tired of eating?
38. What are your pet peeves?
39. What is a funny/weird dream you remember having?
40. What’s the last dream you had?
41. If someone gave you enough money to start a business of your own, what business would you start?
42. What is one fun thing you would buy for yourself if you won the lottery?
43. If you could have one skill that you don’t currently have, what would it be? (Besides singing or dancing)
44. What are four things on your bucket list?
45. Name three people who have made a huge impact on your life.
46. How are you feeling emotionally?
47. How have you been feeling at your job lately? Is that where you want to be in five years?
48. What fears do you wrestle with the most? How can I be there for you better in that area?
49. How have you grown throughout the past couple years?
50. What is one way you want to grow this year?
51. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever been through?
52. What makes you feel most peaceful?
53. Besides your wedding day, any births, etc. name one good day that you’ll always remember?
54. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
55. What is the next thing you want to accomplish in life?
56. What is your earliest memory?
57. What was your childhood like?
58. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
59. Sing a throwback song from your high school years.
60. What’s an embarrassing moment from when you were younger?
61. What was your favorite dance as a kid? Show it to your spouse.
62. What family traditions did you have growing up?
63. What is a tradition you either love that we do or that you would like to start doing?
64. How did your family deal with disagreements/arguments?
65. How do you want to deal with disagreements/arguments in our family?
66. How many kids do you want to have?
67. What is something that you have learned from having kids?
68. What are three new ways we can have fun as a family this month?
69. How can we encourage each other and our kids to live a balanced life with physical fitness/health?
70. How can we better teach our kids what healthy communication in a relationship looks like?
71. How should we discipline our kids?
72. How can we better split parenting duties?
73. What’s one good thing each of the kids got from mom? From dad? (Each of you answer for the other person)
74. What do you think our children will grow up to be based on their current personalities?
75. What is something that you want to teach our children?
76. What is your favorite place in our apartment/house?
77. How do we want to split household chores?
78. What are some positive goals we can set for our marriage?
79. How can we give back to those in need?
80. What is one thing you’ve learned from your spouse?
81. How often do you want to go on dates?
82. What is one great physical feature on your spouse?
83. What is one great characteristic about your spouse?
84. What was your favorite characteristic of your spouse when you first met him/her?
85. What one thing can I do to improve our relationship?
86. What do you need to feel loved and appreciated?
87. How can I help you when you’re angry?
88. What steps can we take to be on our phones less?
89. Is there something I do that hurts your feelings? How can I do better in that area?
90. What is something that you are struggling with recently? How can I be there for you during this time?
91. What steps can we take to ensure that we stay close as a couple, emotionally and spiritually?
92. How do you want to go about saving money? What do we value?
93. What is a hobby that we can do together?
94. What is one quote your spouse says often?
95. What is the first thing you noticed about your spouse?
96. What is the silliest moment you remember throughout dating?
97. What’s one weird thing your spouse does?
98. What is one thing I can do to make your day better when I see you after work?
99. What is marriage to you?
100. What’s a happy memory of us together?
101. What’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever done for you?
102. When do you feel most loved by me?
103. What qualities do you see as essential in a friend?
104. How can we become better friends?
105. How can we keep things fresh?
106. What is a series you want to watch together on our streaming service?
107. Do you remember any funny stories from our wedding day?
108. What’s something I do that makes you laugh?
109. What’s one thing you like about your spouse’s personality?
110. How do I treat others?
111. What’s your favorite outfit that I wear?
112. What’s your version of our love story?
113. What is the best gift I’ve ever given to you?
114. What is your favorite meal that I make?
115. When is the last time you laughed super hard because of something your spouse said/did?
116. Make a personal goal for the next month.
117. What are three things you find attractive about your spouse?
118. Ask me a question that you’ve never asked me.
119. What is one thing you learned about me tonight that you didn’t know before?
120. What is something I can do at least four times next week that will make you feel loved?